Christmas Card Competition
22nd November 2018
We are encouraging our residents and club members to get involved in one of our big Christmas fundraisers: Christmas card sales. We make up to £5,000 every year through the selling of professionally-designed cards. This year, we’d like Brendoncare residents and club members to design a card to be sold to the public in aid of The Brendoncare Foundation.
The competition winner, who will be selected by Brendoncare’s CEO and her judging team, will have their Christmas card sold in stores across southern England in 2019.
The rules are as follows:
- The size of the entry should be 20.8x20.8cm. This is the size of the largest square you can fit on a sheet of A4.
- Any medium can be used to create the design, including paint or photography.
- Please do not use another artist’s work to create your card. This includes cutting and sticking from other Christmas cards, or tracing or copying another design. This is because Brendoncare could face legal consequences for selling work based on someone else’s design.
- Cards can be designed in members’ own time, or as part of a club session or care home activity session.
- The Christmas card might aim to capture the Brendoncare spirit. It could try to portray one of our core values (kindness, friendship, community, care), while still keeping in line with the Christmas theme. An example would be a snow scene portraying a ‘community’ of reindeer.
- Consider that we will be selling the cards to a general audience, not just Brendoncare associates.
- Any cards submitted without entry forms attached will not be judged.
- Fill in the form provided and send it with the design in an envelope addressed to the Fundraising Administrator at Central Office.
The closing date for the competition is Friday 18th January 2019. Entrants will be informed of the winning design in the spring of 2019, and the professionally-printed cards should be ready for purchase in October.To read our other news stories, please click here