Caramelised Bananas recipe
Caramelised bananas are a sweet and tasty treat that can be easily prepared in under 30 minutes.
You can use any type of banana, but over-ripe bananas will take slightly less time to cook. This dish can be topped off with an accompaniment of your choice: creme fraiche, ice-cream or custard.
- 1 banana
- knob of butter
- 1oz Demerara Sugar
- 3floz orange juice
- condensed milk
- Crème fraiche
- Gently melt the butter in a pan, cut the bananas into quarters and place in the pan.
- Sprinkle on the brown sugar, simmer for a few minutes, and pour in the orange juice.
- Simmer until the bananas are softened, add a squirt of condensed milk.
- Stir around until the liquid is of a coating consistency.
- Serve with a spoon of crème fraiche.