Learn how to make a trio of sweet and savoury pancakes. A Shrove Tuesday classic.
1/2pt Milk 2 Eggs
4oz plain flour
Tiny pinch of salt
Splash of vegetable oil
1. Pour the milk into a bowl, crack the eggs into the bowl and whisk gently.
2. Sieve the plain flour and pour into the bowl, add the pinch of salt and whisk together, do not over whisk.
3. Leave to stand for 30 mins and strain through a fine sieve.
4. Your mix is ready to use.
5. Heat your pan on the stove top, add a little vegetable oil to the pan, roll the oil around the pan, pour in a small amount of the pancake batter into the middle of the pan and roll it round the pan in a circular motion.
6. When the mixture has set on the top, flip or turn the pancake over and cook for a minute, then turn out onto a plate.