February is Internet Safety Month at Brendoncare
Safer Internet Day is 6th February 2024, whose aims to raise awareness for a better and more secure internet for us all. At Brendoncare, we are extending this make February Safer Internet Month.
During February, our Training and Support Officer, Yildizhan, and some of our Digital Connections volunteers will be out and about. They will visit some of our clubs to talk about what it means being “safe” on the internet.
They will also answer your internet related questions so, if you have any questions, please bring your devices and they will do their best to support you.
Here is a list of the clubs they will be visiting:
- Thursday 1st February, Emsworth, 11am to 12.30pm
- Monday 5th February, Portsmouth Social Club, 11am to 12noon
- Tuesday 6th February, Otterbourne Hill Hub, 3pm to 4pm
- Wednesday 7th February, Fleet and Crookham Welcome Club, 1.30pm to 3.30pm
- Friday 9th February, Andover Social Club, 10.30am to 12noon
- Friday 9th February, Weeke Friendship Club, Winchester, 2pm to 4pm
- Wednesday 28th February, Havant Community Club, 1.30pm to 3.30pm
As well as these club visits, Yildizhan will be hosting an online event to talk about internet safety on 23rd February at 2pm. You can book your place for Common Sense Tips for Safer Internet Surfing workshop here.
If you have never used Zoom before, please remember that we are only a phone call (or email!) away. Get in touch with our team and we will help you set up your Zoom account in no time. This will give you the choice to attend and take part in our online events as well as the in-person ones. You can also use Zoom to keep in touch with your friends and family during the cold winter months.
However, please don’t forget to check our blog next month again the updates about the activities we have planned for you in March! We will talk about how to benefit from library services using your mobile devices and share the details of talks by three talented local authors to celebrate the World Book Day!