Fundraising for 31 Ways in 31 Days Campaign
Keep moving this January to transform later life in our communities
This winter is harder than most of us have experienced before. We want to be there for those older people in our communities who are lonely and isolated during this pandemic providing virtual exercise classes, clubs and calls.
Whether you choose to walk, run, cycle, practice some yoga or do 31 star jumps a day, keep moving to beat those January blues whilst raising money for Brendoncare.
Challenge yourself by choosing one (or even a few) from our list of 31 ways and have fun. Ask friends and family to sponsor you to raise vital funds and together we can make sure no one feels alone. Get moving to keep them moving and talking!
On a daily basis, Brendoncare works with over 2000 older people who fall into the government defined categories of being at ‘increased risk’ or ‘clinically extremely vulnerable’. As a registered charity, a nursing care provider and an essential support for older people living independently in the community, the coronavirus pandemic strikes at the very core of the Brendoncare Foundation.
The weekly cost of supporting an older person during this time is £3.77 – that equates to £6,409 to support 1700 older people in our communities every week.
We have adapted our Clubs service, offering regular contact and support to all of our members and volunteers to ensure that everyone is protected during this time. We are also supporting our members in joining online club activities; e.g. virtual choirs, quizzes, exercise classes, helping them to stay connected and mentally and physically active during isolation
- Walk around the block each day for 31 days
- Practice yoga for 31 minutes
- Cycle your bike each day for 31 days
- Run 31 miles in January
- Do 31 star jumps each day
- Skip for 31 minutes across 31 days
- Cycle 31km in 31 days
- Run around the park each day for 31 days
- Run 31km in January
- Do 31 press ups each day in January
- Have a kitchen disco for 31 minutes every day
- Climb your stairs 31 times each day in January
- Take a virtual dance class each day
- Play Frisbee with a friend for 31 minutes
- Walk your dog for 31 minutes each day
- Do a head stand for 31 seconds each day
- Go on the trampoline for 31 minutes each day in January
- Clean your house for 31 minutes each day in January
- Complete 31 sits ups each day
- Complete 31 squats each day
- Complete 31 laps of your garden each day
- Do 31 keepie uppies
- Hop on each leg 31 times each day
- Hula hoop 31 times each day
- Roller skate for 31 minutes each day
- Try 31 different online exercise videos
- Do PE with Joe each day for 31 days
- Complete 31 press ups each day
- Try the plank challenge each day
- Lift weights each day for 31 days
- Complete 31 burpees each day for 31 days