Date: 25th November 2017
This November, Brendoncare is turning up the heat and asking you to test your bravery and conquer the burning coals in this once in a lifetime opportunity. With every brave step you take, you will be helping us to continue our essential services and transforming the lives of older people.
‘A firewalk is the most inspirational journey you will ever undertake. It is as the name suggests: a bare foot walk over red-hot wood embers measuring around 800 degrees. No tricks, no special effects. Just you and the fire.’
Cliff Mann, Firewalk instructor
When: Saturday 25 November 2017, 5pm
Where: Alton Brendoncare, Adams Way, Alton, GU34 2UU
Fee: Only £15 registration fee £60 sponsorship
5pm – Registration opens
6pm – Training seminar begins
7pm – Firewalk begins
On the night
Registration will open at 5pm. Please ensure you arrive for registration no later than 5.45pm as the seminar will begin promptly at 6pm. The motivational training seminar will be led by an experienced firewalking instructor who will prepare you for your big challenge of walking on a bed of burning hot embers. Spectators are welcome free of charge and we encourage friends and family to cheer participants on for this once in a lifetime experience.
What to wear and bring
We recommend you wear casual comfortable clothing and trousers that can be easily rolled up. On the night you will be given a Brendoncare t-shirt to wear for the challenge. We advise you to bring wet wipes and/or an old hand towel to clean your feet after the firewalk.
You will receive:
- A Brendoncare t-shirt
- Training seminar
- Certificate to recognise your amazing achievement
To book your place for this once in a lifetime event, please pay your £15 registration fee and fill in the registration form on the 'Registration' tab.
Cheques can be made payable to The Brendoncare Foundation and posted to: Phoebe Day, The Brendoncare Foundation, The Old Malthouse, Victoria Road, Winchester, Hampshire, SO23 7DU. Please include a note referencing the name of the participant(s) to whom this payment relates.
Account details: Barclays
Sort code: 20 97 01
Account number: 00944750
Please include a reference of ‘Firewalk + Your Surname’ e.g Firewalk Smith
Once you have secured your place, you can get started on the fun bit – fundraising for your firewalk! Don’t forget to tell your friends, family and colleagues all about your exciting challenge and why you are raising funds for Brendoncare.
Once you have submitted your registration form, a member of the Fundraising Team will be in touch with tips on setting up your fundraising page and easy ways that you can reach and exceed your fundraising target of £60.
Thank you for signing up to the Brendoncare firewalk, we look forward to cheering you on!
Terms and conditions
- By submitting the registration form, you accept to raise a minimum of £60 sponsorship.
- All participants must be aged 16 years or older. Parental consent is required for 16 – 17 year olds.
- For safety reasons, we are not permitted to sign up participants on the evening of the event.
- The training seminar is compulsory for all participants. If you do not attend the seminar, unfortunately you will not be able to take part in the firewalk. This is for your safety, so please make sure you arrive in good time.
- Participants are not allowed to have consumed any alcohol or non-prescribed substances which adversely affect the operation of your nervous system. We reserve the right to stop anyone who we believe to be under the influence of alcohol or any substance from taking part. This is for your safety.
- By submitting the registration form, you agree to release and hold harmless The Brendoncare Foundation and Time4Change, their agents, assistants, employees, independent contractors and co-sponsors for any liability whatsoever - any damage or injury, physical or mental, which you might incur as a result of your voluntary decision to walk across the bed of hot coals.