Volunteers help Brendoncare in so many ways, either giving their time or helping raise vital funds. Depending on your interests and skills, we can offer a wide variety of volunteering opportunities including:
- Befriending - sometimes just having someone to sit and chat with you helps make the day special. This is the same in a Care Home as at a club meeting.
- Activities - arts and crafts, games, cards, flower arranging, reading, discussion groups, keep fit, the list is endless ...
- Outings - day trips and excursions, shopping, sight seeing, cream teas, river trips ...
- Drivers - car and minibus drivers enable us to give residents trips out and get members to and from their club meetings
- Fundraising - see our Events page for a host of ideas
- Administration - help with writing letters or dealing with correspondence in Care Homes or Central Office
- Music - whether it is playing the piano, arranging a sing-along or listening to favourite tunes, music is a universal language
- Help with serving refreshments, running a shop ...
- Club leaders and helpers - organising the programme, transport for club members, welcoming and supporting them during the meeting
- And so much more… the list is virtually limitless!
Maybe you have a skill that you could share with our residents or club members. Whatever you have to offer we would love to hear from you. Brendoncare is happy to reimburse travel expenses. Any amount of time you can give will be greatly appreciated. All we ask is that you make a regular commitment to our residents so that over time they get to know you.
To find out more please call the volunteering team on 01962 857097 or email by clicking here