Broccoli and Stilton Soup For One
Broccoli and stilton soup is a simple vegetarian dish is made using traditional household ingredients and a good helping of leftovers.
You can watch our volunteer chef David Higgins prepare his broccoli and stilton soup in the video below, or keep reading to view the ingredients and the cooking method.
Download the recipe for Broccoli and Stilton Soup
Thank you to our Cooking for One sponsor, the Sodexo Stop Hunger Foundation.
1oz chopped onions
1 bay leaf
1 broccoli stalk
1 broccoli floret
1 small potato
1 teaspoon of vegetable bouillon
A pinch of ground black pepper
1oz grated cheddar
A small sprinkle of parmesan
2 teaspoons of crème fraiche
- Melt the butter in a think bottomed pan, add the chopped onion and bay leaf, cook gently without colour.
- Wash and chop the broccoli stalk and floret and add to the pan.
- Peel and chop the potato and add to the pan.
- Pour in the water and add the vegetable bouillon stir, bring the pan to the boil and turn down to a simmer.
- Add the black pepper and cook with the lid on for 15 mins.
- Whilst the soup is cooking trim the stilton keeping the outside rind.
- Add all the cheese to the pan stir in until it has all melted, then blend the soup with a stick blender.
- Return to the heat and bring to a gentle simmer.
- Serve into warm bowls and finish with crème fraiche.